Exported video shorter than timeline length

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

kekskruemel

Exported video shorter than timeline length

PostSat May 21, 2022 9:00 am

Hello,

at one of my projects I exported a video from a timeline and found out that the length of the video doesn't match the one from the timeline. The duration of the exported video is 02:41 (shown also in the "Deliver" tab) and the timeline length is 03:22. The audio speed doesn't change, so the audio has been cut in the end at 2:41. However, the video has been fastened by 25.5 percent which is really close to the difference of 29.97 and 24 fps.

All clips are shot in 29.97 fps. The Master Settings for the timeline is 29.97 fps, also for the timeline I am using. I exported at 29.97 fps. So I don't know what I am missing here but any help would be greatly appreciated.

---
Additional info
Recently I upgraded from Davinci Resolve 17 to Davinci Resolve Studio 18 and also updated my database after I took a backup.

I noticed a strange thing during editing. The background music isn't playing smooth, it sounds like parts are skipped. And that for a good reason - in the preview the sound playes faster than in the exported video.

Also, in the "Cut" tab, the upper timeline shows the 02:41, the lower timeline shows 03:22.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Exported video shorter than timeline length

PostSun May 22, 2022 6:20 am

Can u post your drp?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

kekskruemel

Re: Exported video shorter than timeline length

PostSun May 22, 2022 10:16 am

I could solve the problem on my own in the meantime. I copied the content to a new timeline with exact the same settings as the previous one and than everything was displayed and exportet correctly.
Still interested what the problem was though.

Return to DaVinci Resolve