Upload to Vimeo failed

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

HarkerMultimedia

Upload to Vimeo failed

PostTue May 24, 2022 10:54 pm

Hi.

I have singed in to Vimeo in DR, so that when I export the video, it will automatically upload to Vimeo. When the export is complete, DR says that the upload has failed, but it gives no reason why. When I go to my Vimeo page, it shows that the video is trying to upload, but it's stuck and never completes. Has anyone else experienced this or has any tips?

Thanks,
Eric

cyberphile

Re: Upload to Vimeo failed

PostWed May 25, 2022 6:04 pm

An upload issue with YouTube was reported last week. The DR logs referred to a quota issue. BMD tech support was able to reproduce the problem according to an email reply to me. I just checked again and the upload to YouTube directly from DR worked.
DR Studio 18.5.1
GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 16GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Marc Wielage

PostWed May 25, 2022 11:08 pm

This is not a popular opinion, but I just render the project out to a hard drive, then I visually check the beginning, middle, and end of the file to make sure it looks correct and the sound is there. Once I'm sure it's good, THEN I manually upload the file to whatever service I need the project to be on. This only adds a few minutes to the process, and this way you know for a fact that there are no issues (like wrong version, audio turned off, sync problems, etc.).

In post production, I've survived for years by trusting nothing and always checking my work. For a lot of reasons, I avoid automatic mechanisms that introduce an additional chance for failure.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

cyberphile

PostThu May 26, 2022 1:46 am

I tried uploading to YouTube directly from Resolve Studio this morning and it worked. Just FYI.
DR Studio 18.5.1
GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 16GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Leonardo Levy

PostThu May 26, 2022 3:24 am

I've also failed going to vimeo, but agree with Marc anyway. I typically make so many mistakes on my renders that its probably fortunate I have to check it first.
2017 27" 5K Retina iMac, 4,2Ghz i7, 64G Memory, Radeon Pro 580 8GB,
secondary screen is 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display, 1T internal SSD

DavidVogt

PostFri May 27, 2022 4:19 am

I use the same method that Marc uses with a separate external delivery to a ProRes master file, and then upload it to vp VIMEO. That has the big plus that you have a composite master of the finished project as a disaster backup that can be used by anything that can read ProRes.
Mac Studio ultra
Monterey 12.4
128 GB ram
2 TB SSD
48 TB HD disc storage, multiple RAIDS

Return to DaVinci Resolve