Beta 4 Cut Page Monitor Controls

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

gdtoolworks

Beta 4 Cut Page Monitor Controls

PostSun Jun 12, 2022 6:17 am

When you select an edit point, the Monitor Controls that appear are determined by which side of the edit point was selected, left, right, or middle. The "U" key (default shortcut for "Edit Point Type") toggles through the edit point selections, but those toggles do not affect the Monitor Controls, e.g. the nudge arrows apply to the original selection. You have to click on the edit point again to assign the Monitor Controls to the correct clip. It would be nice if the "U" key selection was reflected in the Monitor Controls....i.e. it would speed things up and avoid at least a little confusion.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Beta 4 Cut Page Monitor Controls

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 3:34 am

Monitor Controls?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

gdtoolworks

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 3:52 am

When you select an Edit Point on the Cut Page, the timeline monitor displays trimming controls that you can use to change the duration of a clip one frame at a time.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 6:44 am

Ah ok, the timeline viewer. thanks
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jim Simon

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 3:11 pm

I'm not seeing any change in the Viewer regardless of what kind of Edit Point selection I make.

That's actually what I would expect, as you can affect either side of the edit with those controls, regardless of which side of the Edit is selected.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

gdtoolworks

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 8:23 pm

If you want to use the nudge arrows on the Timeline Viewer, they apply to one side of the edit point. Selecting the opposite file for adjustment via the viewer does not move the nudge arrows to the other side. The only thing that does that is clicking on the edit point for the side you want to adjust. It would be nice if the keyboard shortcut ("U" key) would also affect the nudge keys displayed under on the control line of the Timeline viewer. The nudge keys on the keyboard work as expected, but once again, you have to return to the keyboard when it would be easier to click on the nudge arrows on the viewer.

Jim Simon

PostTue Jun 14, 2022 12:56 pm

Ah, I see what you're saying. I was only looking at dragging with the mouse.

This does seem like a bug. Or at least, an incomplete feature.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

gdtoolworks

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 4:51 pm

This problem still exists in 18.0.1, i.e. the clip you select in the viewer controls is not reflected on the timeline edit point nor the "+1" and "-1" arrow icons in the viewer controls. To change the arrow icons to the clip you are adjusting, you must change the edit point selection from one side to the other on the timeline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve