Export of colour grade doesn't include BRAW settings

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MadPanic

Export of colour grade doesn't include BRAW settings

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 1:30 pm

I have exported a still from a clip in the color page which has some custom RAW settings. These don't appear to be exported with the still. I have also exported a sidecar.

I quit resolve, start a new timeline and import the same clip then in color page import the still and apply it as a grade. The RAW settings remain default.

How can I export and use the RAW settings in color?

The reason I need to do this is that I indvertantly upgraded the Resolve database which had one project that I had recently started but not backed up (early days so not much of a problem), so trying to re-create in DR 17 by using fcpxml export (successful) and exporting the grades. It was the grades and RAW settings that I wanted.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 build7, MacStudio M2 Ultra 128Gb, OSX Sonoma,10TB SSD (2TB, & 2x 4TB). URSA Broadcast 6.7, BMPCC 6K, Cubase 13

shebbe

Re: Export of colour grade doesn't include BRAW settings

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 3:09 pm

RAW decoding settings isn't part of a color grade which is why it is not part of a still grabbed from the color page. The sidecar file should automatically be read I think if it's sitting next to the original media.

If it doesn't work you could try to export the timeline or .drp but creating a new project and importing new media will not inherit any custom changes you've made in another project.

I would recommend grading from a global log setting for all clips if you work with raw in an unmanaged color workflow. You can set your raw settings globally in the Camera Raw section of the project settings. Set it to decode using project and set your color space and gamma to what you wanted to use with your grading and checkmark the ISO, temperature, tint boxes so those remain from camera metadata.
Then on the clips in the color page leave 'Decode Using' on 'Project'.
Home System Resolve 18.6b9: Z790 / i9 13900K / 64GB DDR5 / RTX4090 / Win 11 / ASUS PA32UGC 1600 nits
Office System Resolve 18.6b9: X570 / Ryzen 9 5900X / 128GB DDR4 / RTX4090 / Win 11 / EIZO CG248-K

Return to DaVinci Resolve