media not visible in davinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

VARUTO

media not visible in davinci

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 8:54 am

hello all ,
I've been using davinci for almost an year now had no issue but recently an I've got an issue . As I open Davinci and try adding media, my media and audio would show up in the media panel but wont show any kind of visibility or thumbnail to the media or images to be identified at all . As I would add the media to the timeline it would get added but wont display anything and wont play . The audio gets added as well but wont play either .
I've got asus tuf gaming with nvidea 1660ti good enough to run davinci as it runs blender as well. all my media used to work without any issue but now after an year it wont show anything ,even the media exported by davinci itself wont show up. I've been investing my time to learn the node based editing and now this happens . I use the free version though and tried to contact the davinci team and was told they cant help as i m using the free version . I've downloaded the recent nvideo gpu drivers and updated . tried reinstalling davinci both 18 and 17 almost 3 times each too .
i need help as i love davinci and its workflow , plz if anyone has a solution do lemme know its my only hope left with davinci since the team Davinci would not help
Attachments
davinci error 2.PNG
davinci error 2.PNG (112.71 KiB) Viewed 299 times
davinci error.PNG
davinci error.PNG (80.63 KiB) Viewed 299 times

jakebane_87

Re: media not visible in davinci

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 10:11 pm

Ive had a similar issue, and haven't been able to resolve it. When I go into fairlight, i can hear the audio, but in the edit section the timeline wont play and I have no picture in the viewer window.

Joe Shapiro

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 5:41 pm

Looks to me like your video is encoded with a codec that's not supported in the free version. There's a list of supported codecs on the BMD website. Paid has more of them than free.

You can always transcode your media toa supported codec. There are several free apps on the web that do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.3
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.1

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Feb 04, 2023 11:25 am

Post a link to a sample clip and someone might test it for you
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve