Problem with Davinci Resolve 10 and DNG Files

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Claudinho Andrés Gómez

Problem with Davinci Resolve 10 and DNG Files

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello, guys... since yesterday that I`m facing an unsolved trouble with 4 DNG files in Resolve 10. As we know Davinci Resolve before importing material to media pool shows DNG Files as a single clip in the browser and we can import them to the time line (as a single clip) even we know that DNG is a folder containing several clips in a sequence. I have no trouble with the major part of muy clips (a lot of them) but there are 4 sequences that Davinci don't show as clip but as the original folder we are able to see in any common directory. I am forced to open this folder and import the entire sequences clip by clip to the timeline at that's not the idea, you know. Does anyone know anything about this problem or have had the same issue? Thanks! (I'm directing a videoclip for a client and really need a solution) thanks again!

Margus Voll

Re: Problem with Davinci Resolve 10 and DNG Files

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 8:32 pm

i have seen this with dropped frames.
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

Ulysses Paiva

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 am

Margus Voll wrote:i have seen this with dropped frames.

Makes sense. With some frames missing, Resolve might not be seeing the whole sequence thus making it believe its separate files rather than a single footage.

Claudinho, vc é brasileiro?
Ulysses Paiva

Claudinho Andrés Gómez

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 3:33 am

Ulysses Paiva wrote:
Margus Voll wrote:i have seen this with dropped frames.

Makes sense. With some frames missing, Resolve might not be seeing the whole sequence thus making it believe its separate files rather than a single footage.

Claudinho, vc é brasileiro?

That's right! After writing this post I tried a simple test. I went to one of my working DNG files, then changed the name in the first frame of the sequence et voi là: Resolve showed it as a folder. Margus, is completely right!

BTW, Ulysses, I'm Chilean but lived 14 years in Brazil. Morei bastante tempo lá no Brasil, no Rio Grande do Sul, Paraná e São Paulo.

Return to DaVinci Resolve