[Bug] 'Add to render queue' button disabled after changes

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

maarten

[Bug] 'Add to render queue' button disabled after changes

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 4:16 pm

When after a render changing everything in the timeline (edit page) and even change the filename in the deliver page to render the new changes to a new file, the 'Add to render cue' button never returns (remains hidden) making it impossible to render the changes (and forces us to overwrite the same file by clearing the render status of the previous render). This is obviously wrong and wasn't an issue in Resolve v17.

Using Davinci Resolve 18.0.1-build-3.
Last edited by maarten on Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xunile

Re: [Bug] 'Add to render queue' button disabled after change

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 7:00 pm

I am not seeing this in Windows 10 Resolve Studio 18.0.1 which by the way is not beta.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

maarten

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 7:23 pm

xunile wrote:I am not seeing this in Windows 10 Resolve Studio 18.0.1

I had this issue several times now in different projects, so definitely something's not quite right in the latest version. This never've been an issue in v17.

xunile wrote:which by the way is not beta.

It was a typo. Corrected it now. It should be 'build-3'.

I am seeing this all the time tho unfortunately. To a point I'm not even able to render a video here, because the button stays disabled, whatever I do, after lots of edits.

Any suggestion on how to enable the button is highly appreciated at this point as I need to render this video now!!!

[edit] this time after a restart of Resolve it's 'free-d'/enabled again.. pff. This is not a nice bug to have :roll: Hope Blackmagic fixes this soon

maarten

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 7:34 pm

I am currently editing in a sub-timeline of the main timeline and rendering the main timeline.

But next to that Resolve obviously should be looking into changes of sub timelines to enable the 'add to render queue' button' too, I'm not only changing the sub timeline, but also filename, file extension, browse a location etc. of the exports.... and even that doesn't re-enable to the button when this happens.

Andy Mees

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 8:24 pm

maarten wrote:and even that doesn't re-enable to the button when this happens.
Next time it happens, try toggling the active page (anything but the Media Page) eg switch to Fairlight Page and back again. Does that shake it loose?

By the way, for anyone playing along at home, I can trigger the 'disabled Add to Render Queue button' bug at will on my M1 Mac laptop running 18.0.1.build3 ... I just choose Workspace menu > Reset UI Layout and the previously enabled button is instantly disabled. Switching to any page (other than Media Page) and back again, reenables the button.

maarten

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 9:33 pm

Andy Mees wrote:
maarten wrote:and even that doesn't re-enable to the button when this happens.
Next time it happens, try toggling the active page (anything but the Media Page) eg switch to Fairlight Page and back again. Does that shake it loose?

Thanks for helping. As a developer I try those things too. But although I didn't try the fairlight page, switching to edit page and back didn't help.

I'm pretty sure the issue has something to do with the main timeline (which I render) not being changed, but only the sub-timeline (used on the main timeline) has (lots of) edits, but aren't seen by resolve to re-enable the button as it seems.

But then again it should also be re-enabled when switching from mp4 to avi or change a filename or settings in the deliver tab. And it does not. Only thing that worked here is restart resolve completely.

By the way, for anyone playing along at home, I can trigger the 'disabled Add to Render Queue button' bug at will on my M1 Mac laptop running 18.0.1.build3 ... I just choose Workspace menu > Reset UI Layout and the previously enabled button is instantly disabled. Switching to any page (other than Media Page) and back again, reenables the button.

Wow, having the button disabled is a pretty weird and dangerous default for 'reset UI' I'd say. It didn't help for me switching to edit page and back to deliver page. Neither it didn't help to open another timeline in the edit tab timeline. But I didn't try to switch to another page.

Jim Simon

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 1:22 pm

You cannot render a Compound or Multicam clip opened in a timeline. Is that what you're trying to do?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Andy Mees

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 4:01 pm

Jim, did you get a moment to try test the Delivery Page 'Add to Render Queue' bug that I noted in my reply to Maarten?
Andy Mees wrote:just choose Workspace menu > Reset UI Layout and the previously enabled button is instantly disabled
I can cause this to happen at will on both my M1 Mac laptop running 18.0.1 and on my Windows 10 workstation running 17.4.3 ... Reset UI Layout causes the button to disable happens every time for me, switching page then back again re-enables it (except the Media Page, on Mac, and the Cut Page on Windows).

Charles Bennett

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 4:41 pm

Yes, happens here too.
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

maarten

PostThu Sep 22, 2022 9:37 pm

How come this is still not fixed? Not in 18.0.2... not in 18.0.3... It's 1,5 months later now and there has been two updates after that.

Rendering is the thing everybody needs from the software, whatever work you do, so I would think this is the most important thing in the software, so how come this didn't get priority?

Please Blackmagic, I totally understand you are busy, have a lot of issues to fix, requests to look into and have all kinds of choices to make and priorities, I get it, but what sense does the software make when we cannot even render?

I'm spending literally hours today just to get this 'Add to render queue' button to become enabled for different states of a project that need to be rendered, and most of the time I can't even get it to become enabled and there seem to be no way to work around this issue. Even previous workarounds like switching tabs to fairlight and back don't work anymore.

I really start to wonder by now if anybody even uses v18.

Come on Blackmagic, please fix this!

sebastianodibusti

PostTue Nov 28, 2023 1:00 pm

Jim Simon wrote:You cannot render a Compound or Multicam clip opened in a timeline. Is that what you're trying to do?

Hi Simon, why you cant render a Compound clip?

Return to DaVinci Resolve