[Bug] Missing/invisible graph in edit-clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

maarten

[Bug] Missing/invisible graph in edit-clip

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 5:41 pm

See VIDEO!! in attachment:
I am trying to change the curves of two keyframes to bezier, but there's no graph!!! Whatever I try no way to get the graph. There are definitely keyframes on the opened channel and selected property (and you can see it on the orange keyframe icon). Never had this issue before in Davinci 17.

hidden-graph.zip
(504.73 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

I'm having lots of issues with pretty basic stuff in Davinci 18.0.1 now up to a point I start to wonder if this software ever got tested during real usage. Hope these things can get some attention and fixes soon, as without things like this it's impossible to work in Davinci unfortunately.

[edit] I had to restart Davinci and reload the project to bring the graph back. That was the only way.

BTW It's 2022 now. Please allow MP4 to be uploaded here so we can actually provide a video to be watched in the browser!! It's a little silly we have to zip an MP4 and other users need to unzip it just to watch the video...

Davinci Pro 18.0.1-beta-3
Attachments
missing-graph.jpg
missing-graph.jpg (84.23 KiB) Viewed 400 times

Charles Bennett

Re: [Bug] Missing/invisible graph in edit-clip

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 8:47 pm

It's not something I normally use, but had no problem when trying it out.
Attachments
Keyframes.jpg
Keyframes.jpg (355.84 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

maarten

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 9:35 pm

Charles Bennett wrote:It's not something I normally use, but had no problem when trying it out.

Thanks for trying, but if it would always fail it probably wouldn't make it out of the beta anyhow. It's not always failing, most of the time I just see the graph here. But it happened already a few times it just didn't. It's clearly a bug, because after a complete restart of Resolve it (sometimes) is back again without doing anything else.

Jim Simon

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 1:16 pm

I ran a brief test of Y Position.

The first keyframe showed, the second was 'invisible' until I clicked on it in the Keyframes row above the Spline row.

Does seem like a bug.

Studio 18.0.1 on Windows 10.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve