Having a problem with masks and animation.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rabaroni_

Having a problem with masks and animation.

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 8:29 am

So im trying to do multiple mask animations in davinci resolve that takes different sections of a freeze frame and moves them from off screen into place like a puzzle. I then made each mask into a seperate compound clip and then added them seperately in fusion. When i add a transform/shake node in fusion, as well as a slight blur, the borders of each mask look like it is outlined in a weird pixelation that has different colors along with it. In my time line preview it shows that weird outline pixelation, but when i go back to fusion i just get a black screen. I have no idea how to fix it either without deleting it and starting over.

Has anyone had tbis issue before?

xunile

Re: Having a problem with masks and animation.

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 5:12 pm

There can be some issues with alpha and Compound clips. I'm not sure exactly how to fix your issue with the way you did the animation, but if you can't get it fixed you might want to try and do it all in Fusion. Here is a video I put on Youtube that is similar to what you are doing.

Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Rabaroni_

Re: Having a problem with masks and animation.

PostSat Aug 13, 2022 7:23 am

Thanks man. The vid is great. My problem i found out is that i was taking my first mask i made and key framing it later after the other masks came in. It caused alot of glitching and even blacked out the fusion tab at one point. But when i deleted the rendered file and just rearranged it in fusion to the appropriate position in the queue, it seemed to fix it.

Yours seems alot more simpler though.

Return to DaVinci Resolve