Cloud collaboration crashing on Macbook Pro

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Juan Iastrebner

Cloud collaboration crashing on Macbook Pro

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 2:14 pm

Hi everybody, was wondering if anyone else is having issues with cloud collaboration specifically. Been doing several projects on Resolve even color grading 4k footage with no issue, but now I'm trying to do this fairly simple, not-super-heavy or demanding project through cloud collaboration and the software keeps crashing. It's getting frustrating so I figured I should ask in case anyone experimented similar issues.
Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm in Europe and my client is in the US? I'm guessing we're working out of the server over there but yesterday I played around with the project and everything worked smoothly, today issues started and I can't seem to figure it out. I have DVR v18.0.1 build 3.
Thanks in advance and best wishes for everybody!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Timothy Clark

Re: Cloud collaboration crashing on Macbook Pro

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Are you both on Mac or PC? Or one Mac and 1 PC? Exact same version of Resolve?
I haven't had crashing, but I have had weird issues if I forget to keep render cache on both my machines the same format...at least I'm assuming that leads to the problems. My laptop would default to ProRes and my windows machine uses DNxHR

Richard Burns

Re: Cloud collaboration crashing on Macbook Pro

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 10:43 am

Crashing as well. I have a ultra Mac studio. Cloud works fine with others. Set up my MacBook Pro 16” remote from my studio, not an m1 chip, almost impossible to get cloud to open project. Hangs all the time. It opened once.

The files are very small too. Not even HD. I’m using a 2tb portable drive flash drive with a copy of the original files.

Not sure what I can do to try to trouble shoot. Maybe I have to have an M1 computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve