importing project into 18 cloud

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rchjr56

importing project into 18 cloud

PostFri Sep 09, 2022 8:13 pm

HI there - I have a project that is done but needs a few tweeks I dont know how to do just yet. I have someone who is good with resolve who has agreed to look and help me out with this. I have created a cloud id and project library, the other person has created a id as well. I've also set up acct for the $5 a month. The project has already been created so I dont need to create a new project. My question is how do I get the existing project into the cloud so this person can do some tweeks to it? When I click the import button it opens the import project file window. From there I am at a loss as to where to go to get this existing project to import it. When I first saw the import button I thought it would take me to my project data base and highlight that project and import.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rchjr

Ryan Bloomer

Re: importing project into 18 cloud

PostFri Sep 09, 2022 8:26 pm

Export the original project on your local or Network database as a .drp. Then when adding a project in the cloud database, import the .drp you exported previously.

You'll need to have the media in the project accessible to the other users so they're able to connect to the media used in the project.

Hope that helps.

Rchjr56

PostFri Sep 09, 2022 8:58 pm

Thank you so much - that was the info I was looking for. I could not find that anywhere duirng a search.

Thanks again!

Rchjr

DennisEye

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 6:56 pm

Ryan Bloomer wrote:Export the original project on your local or Network database as a .drp. Then when adding a project in the cloud database, import the .drp you exported previously.

You'll need to have the media in the project accessible to the other users so they're able to connect to the media used in the project.

Hope that helps.

Ryan, do you happen to know how else to assign a collaborator to the project? After a right click on the project thumbnail, I select Multiple User Collaboration, but I don't get prompted for a user. Inside the project, I also click on the Project Members icon in the lower right, and I don't see any option to add members.

Ryan Bloomer

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 3:14 pm

It's not so much assigning, as it is "sharing" your cloud database with someone. In the Cloud tab of your project server, click your Cloud database's "details" icon, at the bottom you can share that database with a user that has a blackmagic account.

Once they connect, Members will show up in the Cloud database

Hope that helps.

Return to DaVinci Resolve