Are there any shortcut keys to move tracks?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mivey4

Are there any shortcut keys to move tracks?

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 9:54 am

I'd like to know if there is any way to move an audio or video track vertically without having to right-click the track and select to move it up or down?

I'm on a Mac and I know I can move clips to different tracks using option + arrow keys but how to move the tracks? Right-clicking multiple times on the context menu is time consuming especially when moving over multiple tracks.
• iMac Pro 27 - Monterey OSX 12.4 • 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon • 256 GB RAM
• Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB • DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio

TCP786

Re: Are there any shortcut keys to move tracks?

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 1:29 pm

I don't think this feature exists, nor does dragging to reorder the tracks. This is desperately needed. I had a lot of time to think about this yesterday when I had to move track 1 to above track 9.

Johannes Hoffmann

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 2:44 pm

At least in the Fairlight page you can drag tracks around in the Tracklist of the index pane.
Apple M1 Max, 32GB, 32 GB GPU – macOS Monterey
almost retired: MacPro 5.1, 48GB, RX 580 – macOS Mojave

mivey4

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 3:23 pm

Thanks for the response. Ashame.... such a basic fundamental task yet only exists in the Fairlight section. :(
I hope the developers and staff seriously consider implementing this into the Edit area.
• iMac Pro 27 - Monterey OSX 12.4 • 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon • 256 GB RAM
• Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB • DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio

TCP786

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 11:05 am

Johannes Hoffmann wrote:At least in the Fairlight page you can drag tracks around in the Tracklist of the index pane.
I had no idea you could do this, but you probably just saved me a whole day of my time cumulatively over the next year or so.

But also it's ridiculous that you can't drag the tracks around in the main Fairlight panel. I could never have discovered this on my own. (Why would I assume you could reorder tracks by dragging them in a tiny side menu when you can't in the main place you would want to?)

Return to DaVinci Resolve