Multicam viewer so tiny.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

studio1492

Multicam viewer so tiny.

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 2:21 pm

I work on 3 monitor setup, and still I haven't found a way to full screen that multicam viewer, or to make it 100% display width.

It always appears beside the timeline viewer, which splits 50% the main GUI horizontal on two parts. Having the timeline viewer there is a redundance at this stage of the workflow when using a grading monitor on BMD Ultrastudio, or even with video clean feed.

I've been waiting since DVR15 for this to be solved. And I'm asking here because perhaps this has been already fixed and perhaps I'm missing something.
- MBP 14" M1 Pro 16GB, 1TB, 10 core CPU, 16 core GPU.
- Resolve Studio 18.6.4 @ macOS 13.6.2
- Mini Panel v2.0
- Speed Editor (gathering dust until killer custom keys arrive)
- Synology DS218

bryantocara

Re: Multicam viewer so tiny.

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 pm

The ability for Fullscreen multicam editing has been added, but only in the Cut Page, which means you would have to use the Sync Bin method of multicam editing to "paint on" clips instead of the regular compound-to-multicam-clip-method in the Edit Page.

Inconvenient, I know, especially since the Sync Bin method has a slight learning curve—but it is a step in the right direction.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

studio1492

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 7:09 pm

bryantocara wrote:Tthe Sync Bin method has a slight learning curve—but it is a step in the right direction.

Thanks, I will try it
- Mini Panel v2.0
- Synology DS218

Rick van den Berg

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 9:49 pm

bryantocara wrote:The ability for Fullscreen multicam editing has been added, but only in the Cut Page, which means you would have to use the Sync Bin method of multicam editing to "paint on" clips instead of the regular compound-to-multicam-clip-method in the Edit Page.

Inconvenient, I know, especially since the Sync Bin method has a slight learning curve—but it is a step in the right direction.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

this method doesn't allow you to playback in realtime and "cut" to the desired angle. It's not a good alternative.

I did a feature request a year or 3 ago about this. For almost entirely this reason (beside the compound-audio inconveniences) i use avid or premiere for editing concerts. I kinda hope BMD will see one day why this is important.

studio1492

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 7:29 pm

Rick van den Berg wrote:
this method doesn't allow you to playback in realtime and "cut" to the desired angle. It's not a good alternative. I kinda hope BMD will see one day why this is important.

Thanks man. I've been editing today with Synch Bin and is against all my workflow. I've seen YT tutorials to see if I'm missing something, but kinda feel so limited, many usual things I do on my workflow need to be done on the Edit Page, and i was jumping from one page to the other. Finally I finished deleting the synch bin as it was giving problems on the Edit Page. Describing those problems/limitations will requiere to open another Forum thread, but i don't feel is my duty. I will keep editing with the non-full-screen multicam panel, and perhaps I will consider, as you suggest, to pay a Premiere license again for the sake of my eyes health when editing multicam.
- Mini Panel v2.0
- Synology DS218

Return to DaVinci Resolve