Add sound library

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ulrichthomsen

Add sound library

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm

I tried to add a 500 GB sound library on an external HD SsD to latest ver Davinci on Mac Studio Monterey machine.
Super slow to “add” and froze after 491 files - that I can access if I search. I presume those files are just linked in the software. How do I remove that link again ?

Any ideas as to why this is so difficult to add

Best Ulrich
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
64 GB
Mac OS Monterey 12.7.3
Resolve Studio 18.6.5 built 7

Reynaud Venter

Re: Add sound library

PostSat Sep 24, 2022 5:04 pm

Sound Libraries contain the contents of the path pointed to when using the "Add Library" function and are linked to the database selected when the source media was added.

If the import process fails, use the Sound Library panel's Additional Options (3 dots) menu's “Add Library" command to rescan the target directory.

A "would you like to rescan the path and add new files to the Sound Library" message will display and only include additions while retaining the previous structure.

Removing databases is possible depending on type.

For dedicated user created Sound Effects Libraries that use Disk/Local Databases, disconnect the Database in Resolve's Project Manager and then manually delete the target folder in macOS Finder / Windows Explorer.

For dedicated user created Sound Effects Libraries using Postgres/Network databases, disconnect the Database in Resolve's Project Manager and use the PGAdmin application to delete the database. On macOS, you can drop the database via Terminal using: drop database "<db>";

If the selected database containing links to the source media also includes Projects, these Projects would need to be exported/archived prior to deleting the database. Archiving the database as an extra precaution prior is also advisable.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

ulrichthomsen

Re: Add sound library

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 7:31 pm

thanks I'll see how that goes...
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
64 GB
Mac OS Monterey 12.7.3
Resolve Studio 18.6.5 built 7

Return to DaVinci Resolve