Latest Resolve version likely to run well on my PC?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

hbenthow

Latest Resolve version likely to run well on my PC?

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 5:49 am

I tried installing the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, but it wouldn't run, giving me a message about my graphics drivers being outdated (as far as I can tell, it's up to date, but I have an older graphics card, and an integrated one at that). I tried installing Resolve 17.4.2.8, which likewise gave me a warning about outdated graphics drivers, but did run in a mode that disabled using the GPU. Unfortunately, trying to actually use it to edit video always causes it to instantly crash.

Does anyone know what the latest version of Resolve is that is likely to be able to run smoothly and without problems on my hardware? Here are my specs:

Operating system: Windows 10 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 (quad core)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 32 GB of DDR3

Andy Mees

Re: Latest Resolve version likely to run well on my PC?

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 11:24 am

Thats an old (2013 ish) machine from the Resolve 10/11 era... assuming a generous 5 year shelf life you might be able to get away with Resolve 14/15, though 'smoothly and without problems' may be subjective and highly dependent on your source and target requirements.

hbenthow

Re: Latest Resolve version likely to run well on my PC?

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Andy Mees wrote:Thats an old (2013 ish) machine from the Resolve 10/11 era... assuming a generous 5 year shelf life you might be able to get away with Resolve 14/15, though 'smoothly and without problems' may be subjective and highly dependent on your source and target requirements.

I intend to use it to edit mostly 1080p footage in roughly Blu-ray quality.

Return to DaVinci Resolve