Arm for Recording can't be turned on

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

claus.lyhne

Arm for Recording can't be turned on

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 8:47 am

Hi all,

I am trying to record some voice over. I have patched my USB headset to an audio track. I have checked that the mic is 48000Hz in windows.

But I can't arm the mic. As soon as I click the "R" button (Arm for Record) the button doesn't stay pressed, I simply can't arm.

What is wrong?

Reynaud Venter

Re: Arm for Recording can't be turned on

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 8:51 am

Can you arm the Track on the Fairlight page with auto patching enabled?

Resolve Preferences > User > Fairlight > Enable auto patching
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

claus.lyhne

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 9:54 am

Reynaud Venter wrote:Can you arm the Track on the Fairlight page with auto patching enabled?

Resolve Preferences > User > Fairlight > Enable auto patching

That fixed the issue right away. Thanks a lot for that tip :D

bounceHouse

PostSun Jan 07, 2024 12:35 am

Also - (at least as of v18) you can not patch to a track running track fx.

So if you use the Fairlight menu / Patch Input&Output panel to patch an input for recording, record some voiceovers, and then add a Voice isolation effect to the TRACK, then you will suddenly no longer be able to click the 'arm for recording' button.

There is currently no clear message explaining what the problem is, until you go back to the menu panel to "unpatch" and then try to patch again.
PC Win 10 Pro, 64GB ram; NVidia 522.30; dual monitor; RTX 3080 (10GB); auto/CUDA processing mode; SSD cache, separate SSD for data; Davinci Studio 19b1 build

Reynaud Venter

PostSun Jan 07, 2024 4:38 am

bounceHouse wrote:Also - (at least as of v18) you can not patch to a track running track fx.
The release notes for Resolve 18.1 indicate the following for Voice isolation processing:
“Live audio input cannot be used; the sound source must be on disk.”
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

bounceHouse

PostSun Jan 07, 2024 4:46 am

Agreed. Although it's irksome to be wondering what's caused the arming to stop working during a workflow with iterative recording. I'd prefer the audio monitoring suspend the use of the problematic track effects during recording, than to have them prevent me from recording.
PC Win 10 Pro, 64GB ram; NVidia 522.30; dual monitor; RTX 3080 (10GB); auto/CUDA processing mode; SSD cache, separate SSD for data; Davinci Studio 19b1 build

Return to DaVinci Resolve