WTF image sequence.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Reginald56

WTF image sequence.

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 pm

I imported an image sequence of DPX files that were partially edited but when I import the more recent group of image files, the older image sequence displays which don't include the newer edited image files. I keep deleting the image sequence and importing it again but nothing changes.

Should I just get a new computer? :lol:

Thanks for any help.

Sean Nelson

Re: WTF image sequence.

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 10:19 pm

Reginald56 wrote:I imported an image sequence of DPX files that were partially edited but when I import the more recent group of image files, the older image sequence displays which don't include the newer edited image files. I keep deleting the image sequence and importing it again but nothing changes.

You're likely seeing the old images because Resolve has cached them. I am completely naive when it comes to Resolve caches, so rather than trying to figure them out what I've always done is to rename the folder that the files are in and then go into the Media Page and choose to replace the "old" clip with the sequence in the "new" folder. Resolve thinks it's dealing with different files and is therefore forced to flush its cache.

IMHO this is a bug, because if the modification timestamp on the files change then Resolve should recognize that it's dealing with new information and flush its caches on its own.
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

Reginald56

Re: WTF image sequence.

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 10:55 pm

I had deleted the playback render cache but that had no effect. The new folder workaround worked, thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve