Speed Editor always include Studio licens of Resolve?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

starbornproductions

Speed Editor always include Studio licens of Resolve?

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 5:19 am

Hi!
I want to know if the Speed Editor always include a free licens of Resolve Studio?

Regards Chris

Jim Simon

Re: Speed Editor always include Studio licens of Resolve?

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 4:51 pm

It never did.

For a time, buying a Studio License also included the hardware. But that is no longer an active promotion.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mark Foster

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 5:56 pm

currently, the DR studio key comes with cameras, panels and keyboards (editor keyboard and speed editor).

what jim was talking about was a limited time promotion where
a speed editor was included for free with the purchase of a DR studio license.
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

Jim Simon

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 4:09 pm

Oh, yeah. Didn't know about the new deal.

You can buy just the hardware without the license (at least at B&H), though, so choose purposefully.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

starbornproductions

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 5:54 am

The reason why I ask is that I have found the speed editor for 299usd equivalent in my currency. And it's super cheap if I also got the studio license.

Here is the store:

https://mymall.se/blackmagic-davinci-re ... m+%28SE%29

I have sent a mail and asked if the studio license is included but got no answer.

Regards Christian

Andy Mees

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 5:19 pm

At launch, the Speed Editor was sold as a standalone product with NO license, for $295.
For a limited time it was also available as part of a special introductory offer, whereby it was bundled 'for free' when purchasing a ($295) Resolve Studio license.

Note: Many people bought the above special bundle just for the license, and sold the 'free' Speed Editor to make some money back... so, if you just want a cheap Speed Editor only (no license), check eBay!

As of November last year (2021) BMD discontinued the Speed Editor as a $295 standalone product (ie with no license), and also discontinued the introductory $295 'free Speed Editor' Resolve Studio license offer.

Thereafter the Speed Editor was relisted as a $395 product which includes a Resolve Studio license.

Bottom line... buyer beware. If it doesn't explicitly state that it comes with a license then it may be 'old stock' from the original launch. ie a Speed Editor with no license... and at the stated price it seems likely that's what you're looking at.

starbornproductions

PostThu Oct 06, 2022 7:06 am

Andy Mees wrote:At launch, the Speed Editor was sold as a standalone product with NO license, for $295.
For a limited time it was also available as part of a special introductory offer, whereby it was bundled 'for free' when purchasing a ($295) Resolve Studio license.

Note: Many people bought the above special bundle just for the license, and sold the 'free' Speed Editor to make some money back... so, if you just want a cheap Speed Editor only (no license), check eBay!

As of November last year (2021) BMD discontinued the Speed Editor as a $295 standalone product (ie with no license), and also discontinued the introductory $295 'free Speed Editor' Resolve Studio license offer.

Thereafter the Speed Editor was relisted as a $395 product which includes a Resolve Studio license.

Bottom line... buyer beware. If it doesn't explicitly state that it comes with a license then it may be 'old stock' from the original launch. ie a Speed Editor with no license... and at the stated price it seems likely that's what you're looking at.

Thank you!

storiestellr

PostMon Sep 11, 2023 10:55 am

I have bought the Speed Editor including a license, but I can't for the life of me find the download page for DaVinci Resolve Studio (unless I pay again). Problem must be sitting in front of computer...but if there are any leads, I'll gladly take them :)

storiestellr

PostTue Sep 12, 2023 3:22 pm

storiestellr wrote:I have bought the Speed Editor including a license, but I can't for the life of me find the download page for DaVinci Resolve Studio (unless I pay again). Problem must be sitting in front of computer...but if there are any leads, I'll gladly take them :)

...as I suspected, I was the problem: here's the download link, for those who might have the same question some day:
(I'm not allowed to post links, but just go to the black magic homepage, and add /support/ to the URL.

Return to DaVinci Resolve