How to Disable davinci resolve from accessing microphone

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

boagz57

How to Disable davinci resolve from accessing microphone

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi, I'm trying to prevent davinci resolve 18.0.4 from accessing my microphone on Windows 10. The reason I want to do this is because my audio is currently not outputting to my bluetooth headphones. I know this is the reason for this issue because if use Windows 10 to disable all apps from accessing the microphone then the sound works in davinci resolve. Although, I would obviously prefer to only disable the micro for the davinci resolve app and not all apps on my device (there is not option to disable microphone for resolve within the Microsoft apps list).
Desktop
Computer: CPU[Ryzen 9 5900x] GPU[Gefore GTX 1660 Super 6GB VRAM, Driver ver 461.40] BIOS:[American Megatrends Inc. 4403]
Resolve: 18.0.4 (Paid Studio Version)

LVR_79

Re: How to Disable davinci resolve from accessing microphone

PostTue Oct 17, 2023 6:25 pm

Have the same problem with DaVinci Resolve 18.6. I also use Bluetooth headset, and one it's microphone is engaged, output audio quality degrades significantly (Bluetooth uses different codecs/bitrates for playback only and for communication, and engaging the microphone puts the headset into communication mode as I got).
Solved the problem by selecting other input device - built-in laptop microphone. It's done with Preferences (in DaVinci Resolve menu), Video and Audio I/O section, then in Audio I/O group select built-in microphone instead of "Use system settings". Don't forget to save the config.

Return to DaVinci Resolve