cryptomatte not showing all layers in fusion (davinci resolv

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mjmjmj

cryptomatte not showing all layers in fusion (davinci resolv

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi,

in fusion tab > layers > there are not all layers of the multilayer exr listed > how to show the rest?

the exr was created by unreal engine 5 / movie render queue> if I open the cryptomatte in other software, the layers are within the exr, I just cant find a way how to get them in davinci, is there some magic trick I havent been able to find on google? the hos_splitEXR_Ultra script will only get those 3 layers listed in fusion

ps. the solutions I am looking for should work for image sequence not for just one image

pss. win11 / latest davinci 18 free

actual list of crypto layers>

list of layers in davinci>

example file> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sWlyDA ... sp=sharing

thanks!

RobH22

Re: cryptomatte not showing all layers in fusion (davinci re

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 3:26 am

I'm surprised no one has tried to assist you with this issue. I'm having the same issue.

I write the Cryptomatte out from VRay and Max as a 'Node Material Name' and DR does not see it. I get the Cryptomatte but only the main data processing layers. From the 'Cryptomatte' node in DR, if I position the red axis and then click the 'Add' button of 'Matte Locator' I get nothing.

I've tried it half a dozen ways and can't solve it. Any ideas?

RobH22

Re: cryptomatte not showing all layers in fusion (davinci re

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 3:20 pm

I've found what I was doing that was preventing me from utilizing the 'Cryptomatte' node. It may help others who drag an EXR into Fusion and then can't click on a color to 'Add' it to the list to make a matte.

I've finally figured out that I need to use a 'Loader' node to import the EXR. It's not as easy as just dragging from the 'Media' you have visuble in DR, because you have to navigate in Explorer to find the asset and then select it, but, it solves the issue.

If I use a 'Loader' node to import EXRs I get the functionality I expect from a 'Cryptomatte.'

Return to DaVinci Resolve