Stuck on loading screen

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Cooble

Stuck on loading screen

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 6:51 am

I was hoping someone on here could help me out. I am trying to edit a few videos for some family members and a friend recommended Davinci Resolve. I went and downloaded the newest free version of the program.

Every time I try to boot it up it gets stuck on the "Loading Fairlight Engine". I am not very skillful when it comes to IT problems. I googled what could be causing this but there's a million different answers and I have spent like five hours trying to figure it out. I learned about discrete GPUs which mine is a Radeon RX 580 Series so I disabled it and left my integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 enabled.

Finally I got pass the loading screen but then another error popped up. It told me it could not configurate with my GPU and to make sure it was receiving high power and it was the discrete one.

Only problem is Its literally impossible to load unless the discrete is disabled. If anyone on here could point me in the right direction it would be very helpful. Thanks

Jim Simon

Re: Stuck on loading screen

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Cooble wrote: I learned about discrete GPUs which mine is a Radeon RX 580 Series so I disabled it and left my integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 enabled.
Reverse that. Disable the integrated, use the AMD.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Cooble

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 5:40 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
Cooble wrote: I learned about discrete GPUs which mine is a Radeon RX 580 Series so I disabled it and left my integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 enabled.
Reverse that. Disable the integrated, use the AMD.

Thanks for the reply. When I disable my integrated which is the Intel that’s when DR gets stuck on Loading Fairlight Engine. So there’s no way to boot it up unless I use my integrated but when I use the integrated an error pops up saying it can’t configuration my GPU

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 8:19 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Cooble

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 am

[quote="Dwaine Maggart"]In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.

ht tps://1drv.ms/u/s!Avt1VTmILS2pcQD9JwM63NzFupU?e=lqrLM0

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 3:09 pm

To start, all displays need to be connected to the RX580 card. Don't connect any displays to the onboard graphics connectors on the computer chassis or motherboard connectors. Displays need to be connected to the add in RX580 GPU card.

So try that, and if you still have issues, send another Resolve log and NFO file with things in that configuration.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Cooble

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:To start, all displays need to be connected to the RX580 card. Don't connect any displays to the onboard graphics connectors on the computer chassis or motherboard connectors. Displays need to be connected to the add in RX580 GPU card.

So try that, and if you still have issues, send another Resolve log and NFO file with things in that configuration.

Thank you so much! I can’t believe It was that simple of a fix.

Return to DaVinci Resolve