renaming timelines

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

robirdman

renaming timelines

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 7:22 pm

My clips have specific long names that identify the subject and correlate to a database with more information about them. So I like the projects and timelines to relate to those but they are long and I can't find a place in Resolve to copy the whole name. for example with this eagle project, I copied the project name from the 1st clip used, in Bridge and pasted. For example here, Haliaeetus leucocephalus BALD EAGLE 9066855. But then I closed Bridge and everything else because I was getting pauses in playback. Curiously, it runs better in color than edit. I am waiting for a large internal hard drive to arrive today that may help in such cases as this 120fps video.

So I was going start another timeline and give it the name of a starting clip in it that is in the media pool but I don't see where I can see and copy the whole name. typing takes time, liable to errors and opening and navigating in Bridge is also time-consuming, so is there somewhere I can copy the name while in Resolve?
Robirdman Resolve Studio 18.1.2 Build 6 | Win 11 Home | Dell XPS 8950, 64-based PC, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900, 2400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s), 32.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, Seagate Internal 14t Ironwolf. C: 2T SS

Andy Mees

Re: renaming timelines

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 9:48 pm

I think I must be misunderstanding the problem Rob... I can copy and paste from any text field in Resolve.
Is it just that you'r saying you cant 'see' the full text? Are you in Thumbnail View in the Media Pool? Try switching to List View or Metadata View. Does that help?

robirdman

Re: renaming timelines

PostWed Nov 02, 2022 12:00 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner. Another disaster when I backed up all my videos to a new internal hard drive, Seagate 16T Ironwolf. 46 hours and then I made that the archive, only to have the drive fail within a day and only just recovering. Yes using list view helped, thanks.
Robirdman Resolve Studio 18.1.2 Build 6 | Win 11 Home | Dell XPS 8950, 64-based PC, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900, 2400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s), 32.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, Seagate Internal 14t Ironwolf. C: 2T SS

Return to DaVinci Resolve