Uncompressed Audio Files Only Clipping in Davinci Resolve 18

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jaredlyonsstudio

Uncompressed Audio Files Only Clipping in Davinci Resolve 18

PostThu Oct 06, 2022 2:12 am

Hi There,

I am working on high quality music video's to be posted on YouTube. Per YouTube's recommendations I have been delivered audio files spec'd; Linear PCM 44100Hz 24bit .wav and on import to DaVinci the audio is clipping. The same audio track is perfect when imported into Final Cut Pro and other software platforms - so it's as if Davinci is automatically boosting on import. Has anyone else come across this issue? I have encountered the same issue on both my M1 macbook pro and Windows 10 pro PC.

Thanks, Jared.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Uncompressed Audio Files Only Clipping in Davinci Resolv

PostThu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Is this behaviour present on the Edit or Fairlight page?

Is the source perhaps overmodulated? What is the True Peak measurement for the source media?

Any change converting the source to the Timeline rate? e.g. 48k rather than 44.1k
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Jim Simon

Re: Uncompressed Audio Files Only Clipping in Davinci Resolv

PostThu Oct 06, 2022 11:04 pm

Any chance you can share a problem file for us to examine?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve