Autosave saved over 80% of my work when Davinci crashed

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

meakah

Autosave saved over 80% of my work when Davinci crashed

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 am

I cut [Ctrl + x] a large chunk of my timeline and then Davinci crashed. This made it autosave when all of my work was not on the timeline. And because it crashed, I lost the things in the clipboard. I do not have previous saved files due to autosave being on; aka I thought that was all i needed. I'm actually crying. Is there any way to get that 'cut' [Ctrl + x] information back onto my clipboard?

If not, I request that you add a clipboard feature where we can select past "copied items" so that we dont have to find them in the timeline again to recopy. AND this feature would save the clipboard as included in the project file so you can open the same copied items back up again. To further elaborate, with this feature, we would be able to: copy 'A'; paste it; then copy 'B'; paste it; then be able to go to the clipboard to select 'A' again; then paste it.

Pleaseeee someone have an already invented solution :cry:

Jim Simon

Re: Autosave saved over 80% of my work when Davinci crashed

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 11:14 pm

There is a separate forum for Feature Requests.

viewforum.php?f=33

Best practice is to search first, to see if someone already asked. If not, post one idea per thread with a very brief description of the idea in the thread's title.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 2:15 am

Jim Simon wrote:There is a separate forum for Feature Requests.

viewforum.php?f=33

Best practice is to search first, to see if someone already asked. If not, post one idea per thread with a very brief description of the idea in the thread's title.

(copy and paste replies do not help the user.)

For the OP: in the "live save" settings there is also a 'backup" setting, if that was on, you can recover an early backup, if not, you are OOL....
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Jim Simon

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 5:20 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:(copy and paste replies do not help the user.)
That depends on context, don't you think?

The second part of the OP was asking for a feature that doesn't yet exist. That's the part I was responding to.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve