18.1 Crashing Issues - blocked from accessing graphics

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jonathanmertz

18.1 Crashing Issues - blocked from accessing graphics

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 9:41 pm

Ever since I upgraded to DaVinci Resolve Studio18.1.1 I am experiencing constant software crashes. One of which is caused by Windows 10 which says the application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. This issue usually rises during rendering.

I have made all of the recommended user changes from previous posts about other versions crashing. Nothing resolves the issue.

Other crashes happen if I manually enter transform Zoom info followed by pressing enter in the inspector window.

Other times it just crashes spontaneously.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: 18.1 Crashing Issues - blocked from accessing graphics

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 3:10 am

Please review the FAQs re generating logs etc
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

jonathanmertz

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 4:05 pm

The forum wouldn't allow me to attach the zip file due to size. I have uploaded it to dropbox. The link is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yfohg5rx0p78x7/DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20221127-104637.zip?dl=0

jonathanmertz

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 2:50 pm

More details:

I didn't experience any of these issues in DaVinci Resolve 17.X.X, I only started having trouble once I upgraded to 18.0 and I hoped the 18.1 releases would have fixed those issues.

I am working off an Acer Nitro i5(10th Gen), 32GB RAM, SSD 1 TB (x2 separate slots = Total of 2TB storage), Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650.

I have updated my graphic drivers and ran updates on my machine.

Last night I tried to recreate my project from scratch but it kept crashing on the playback this time. I am using 4K footage only with crossfades, color grading (no luts), and reverse direction effects.

jonathanmertz

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 4:03 pm

UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!

I ended up going to the PC manufacturer's website and grabbing two updates that are not included in the normal widow's updates. One was a CPU update and another was the recommended Graphics card update (which was a downgrade from the current version running). Not sure which or if the combo of the two fixed my issue but it did.

However, I didn't have any issues until I upgraded to 18.

I am glad I was able to find a fix and hopefully, this can help others.

Return to DaVinci Resolve