Switching Uprezed footage from outside source

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TulisanNgApoy

Switching Uprezed footage from outside source

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 10:18 am

How would you switch out footage you've already edited (where you need to replace old footage with an Uprezed version?

I have a 90+ minute Multicam edit that used canon and Zoom (lower quality cloud) footage. The difference was rough and disappointing at times. The project was finished a few months back. But the client decided to use TOPAZ AI to improve the quality of the zoom footage: it does look significantly better.

They sent me the Uprezed footage, but they also sent me a license for TOPAZ they paid for. Even though there are hundreds of cuts, I feel it might be easier to just render out the zoom sections and replace them manually. This would let me better manage the uprez quality and matching in TOPAZ AI.

I'm wondering if there is a workaround to just trick DR (by changing file names) into accepting the Uprezed video for the old zoom? Because it's already cut doing things like audio matching clips just seems like more unneeded granular work.

Uli Plank

Re: Switching Uprezed footage from outside source

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 10:54 am

Since Topaz is preserving timecode (at least in the current version) that should work.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve