Peculiar Behavior After Last Upgrade

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

HughDiMauro

Peculiar Behavior After Last Upgrade

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 6:53 pm

A strange thing happens when in the edit tab. When I click on the "go to first frame" or "go to last frame" icons on the preview monitor, instead of the cursor doing just that, it instead scrolls through every clip in my stored clips bin! It not only scrolls through the clips but each time I click either icon it then loads the clip in my preview panel whether I want it there or not. Anybody else having this issue?

Steve Alexander

Re: Peculiar Behavior After Last Upgrade

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 pm

An intentional changed in 18.1. The idea is that you can use the Up/Down arrows to move from clip to clip in your current bin and then use the JKL to locate a position in your source monitor and then I/O to mark in/out points, etc. I don't know why they overrode the start/end actions making them prev/next clip in bin instead. It seems like an odd change and could easily have been separated from the up/down arrow shortcuts.
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Fusion Studio 18.6.6 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

HughDiMauro

Re: Peculiar Behavior After Last Upgrade

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 7:41 pm

Well I'll be darned! I can't believe it! To me, anyway, the change doesn't make sense! But, I'm sure Blackmagic Design had a good reason for it I suppose. Now I just have to allow my muscle memory to get used to it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve