Fairlight - Bounce Mix To Track only shows buses

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mark A

Fairlight - Bounce Mix To Track only shows buses

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 12:06 am

I have a number of audio tracks loaded in Fairlight. When I select the menu item "Timeline->Bounce Mix To Track..." the window that opens only shows buses. Why doesn't it show tracks too? I'm able to bounce a bus but sometimes I don't want to do that.

I loaded up the training materials and the video "Fairlight - Introduction to Mixing". Some of those timelines do allow me to select the tracks to bounce. Other timelines only show buses which is same trouble I have. I'm perplexed.

Does anyone have a solution? I'm using Resolve 18.1.1.

Mark A

Re: Fairlight - Bounce Mix To Track only shows buses

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 1:33 am

I'm sorry for the duplicate posts. There was a long delay after the Submit button and I thought my first one didn't go through.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Fairlight - Bounce Mix To Track only shows buses

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 4:40 am

The "Bounce Mix to Track" function uses Busses as sources.

The "Bounce Selected Tracks to New Layer" function is available for Tracks.

The "Export Audio Files" function (available from the Clip's contextual menu) provides an alternate method of bouncing Audio Tracks to new media.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve