Power Windows not moving or resizing upon clip transform

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ericjhaase

Power Windows not moving or resizing upon clip transform

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 6:43 am

I have a some multicam clips in my Program sequence. I have graded each track (camera angle) of the multicam timeline already. I am editing the main Program sequence and cutting down the multicam clip and choosing the angles. After I chop up the multicam clip, I usually do some resizing of each segment of that clip- Zoom, pan and tilt in the Transform pane of the Inspector on the edit page. I have been editing like this in Resolve for about 2 years and it's worked great.

For some reason, now when I do any Transform operation in the main Program sequence, such as panning or zooming the clip, the Power windows that are part of the grade of that clip back in the multicam sequence do not resize or move. There is no grade applied to the multicam clip within the main Program sequence. All of the grades are on the clips in the multicam timeline. I am completely stumped since I don't believe I am doing anything differently. If I flatten the multicam clip, it behaves normally, but that doesn't really work for my workflow very well.

Running Studio 18.1.1 on a M1 MacBook Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Alexander

Re: Power Windows not moving or resizing upon clip TRANSFORM

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 1:53 pm

Confirmed on my MacBook (see signature). This is with Resolve Studio 18.1.1. I can't say that I've tried this in previous versions of Resolve but I'm surprised that it doesn't work. I will give it a try with a compound clip as well.

Add - Nope - doesn't work with a compound clip, either. I'm surprised. So if I apply a power window to the underlying source of a compound clip and then resize the compound clip in the inspector (e.g., zoom) the source zooms but the power window does not. Is this a new defect? Seems like it should work, no?

Add2 - It's worth noting that the Transform (OFX) effect works perfectly, scaling and positioning the power window as part of the underlying source in the compound clip.
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Fusion Studio 18.6.6 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

washinoboku

Re: Power Windows not moving or resizing upon clip transform

PostSun Jan 15, 2023 12:19 pm

Same problem here, on Windows 10, Resolve 18.1.2.

Adjustment clip (zoom, position and anchor point), color grading with a few nodes.
Video track (raw, cut into small clips), a single node in one of the cuts with a power window and blur.

The power windows match position in the video track but ignore the adjustment clip, making the reference power windows not match position with the effect in the video.

Return to DaVinci Resolve