Error Connecting Universe Runtime

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

usertherock

Error Connecting Universe Runtime

PostThu Dec 22, 2022 5:42 pm

I'm getting this error message when trying to start Davinci Resolve Studio:
221222-123513-Resolve.png
221222-123513-Resolve.png (557.43 KiB) Viewed 908 times

I'm on Windows 10, and I've already unstilled all the Red Giant Universe files that I know of. I also uninstalled Davinci Resolve, and re-installed it and the error persists.

I don't know if there's a user data folder somewhere I need to delete, I've already gone through all the user data and program data folders and deleted anything with Red Giant and Universe. Is there something in a Black Magic folder somewhere I need to delete?

Jim Simon

Re: Error Connecting Universe Runtime

PostFri Dec 23, 2022 6:18 pm

When Resolve works, does it open to the last project, or to the general Project Manager?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

usertherock

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 5:38 pm

I was able to resolve this issue, but I can't remember exactly what I did. I think there might have been something in the registry, or a hidden app folder somewhere, I can't quite remember now.

I understand validating accounts to prevent spam, but waiting a long time for moderator approval really inhibits the utility of a forum like this for a new user.

I appreciate the reply otherwise

Jim Simon

PostSun Jan 22, 2023 4:55 pm

Thankfully, that moderation doesn't last too long.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Edsuko

PostSun Jul 30, 2023 6:32 am

usertherock wrote:I was able to resolve this issue, but I can't remember exactly what I did. I think there might have been something in the registry, or a hidden app folder somewhere, I can't quite remember now.

I have a project suffering of this, I uninstalled RG Universe and now DAVINCI refuses to stop spamming that "Connecting" error until it crashes,
longshot but, do you remember what you did?

Return to DaVinci Resolve