iPad version with full pages??

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bror31

iPad version with full pages??

PostMon Dec 26, 2022 12:49 pm

Hello guys, hope you are keeping well and had a nice Xmass.
I just saw a video going around on how to enable the rest of the tabs on the iPad, i.e, Fusion, Fairlight, etc…
My question is, why are they hidden from default? Why were they not advertised and people only focus on the cut and color page. I already checked and I can add the other tabs and they work just as fine as in DR Studio. Is any harm in using those tabs? Are they meant to use, and if so why they were not advertised?
This makes my old mackbook obsolote agains my iPad with a second screen, speed editor, magic keyboard and mouse. I am loving it, and for my style of work, I don’t see myself going back to a dark room ever again for most of my editing process.
Fair played Blackmagic.
bru NO shoes

i9-9900K @3.60 - 64 GB RAM - RTX 2070
iPad Pro 12.9 - M2 - 16 GB RAM - 1 TB

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: iPad version with full pages??

PostMon Dec 26, 2022 1:17 pm

Allowing these pages to be seen is a bug and it should not have been possible. What an amazing bug to find!

It's an interesting demonstration that shows DaVinci on the iPad is the full DaVinci software but with these pages turned off.

The reason is there is problems with the user interface on these pages where we need to make more changes for using them on the iPad. Plus there are technical limitations in the way these pages operate on an iPad.

We need more time to get them working and adapt them to some of the new Apple frameworks etc. We will continue to work on that, but we don't know exactly how long it will take.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Victorwol

PostMon Dec 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Let’s hope you don’t take them away. The delivery page it’s fundamental since I don’t see any other way to customize the export options than there

bror31

PostMon Dec 26, 2022 4:24 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Allowing these pages to be seen is a bug and it should not have been possible. What an amazing bug to find!

It's an interesting demonstration that shows DaVinci on the iPad is the full DaVinci software but with these pages turned off.

The reason is there is problems with the user interface on these pages where we need to make more changes for using them on the iPad. Plus there are technical limitations in the way these pages operate on an iPad.

We need more time to get them working and adapt them to some of the new Apple frameworks etc. We will continue to work on that, but we don't know exactly how long it will take.

Peter thanks for the reply.
Would you suggest not using them at all? Would they bring hardware issues to the ipad? Or is this a good opportunity to do some test on them aswell?
bru NO shoes

i9-9900K @3.60 - 64 GB RAM - RTX 2070
iPad Pro 12.9 - M2 - 16 GB RAM - 1 TB

Victorwol

PostMon Dec 26, 2022 4:28 pm

I don’t see how software can break the iPad. Apple does rigorous testing before allowing an app to be downloadable at the App Store. Some functionality that’s vital for quality export is not available if you don’t have access to the delivery page. I could say that the software is seriously crippled on export without access to the delivery page unless I’m missing the way to export that’s not the quick export button that does not allow customization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jens H.

PostTue Aug 08, 2023 2:08 pm

Any news on that, Blackmagic? When will we get the version with all pages on iPad?

Some time has passed, and in the meantime I would rather say
"Allowing these pages to be hidden is a bug..."
Dual Xeon 2670, 64GB RAM, Nvidia 1070Ti, Windows 10 1903, Davinci Resolve 16.2.1

Return to DaVinci Resolve