DaVinci Resolve 18: Fusion - Help with image transform

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jesco Stoldt

DaVinci Resolve 18: Fusion - Help with image transform

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 3:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about Fusion Nodes.
First I will outline my problem and then propose a solution that I don't know how to implement :)
So here's the scenario in fusion:
I have 3 different images. All images have the same height of x. The images have different widths.
One of the images is imported into the composition via a loader. This image should then be placed in the lower right. The "origin" of the image should be on the right. (Think like with right aligned text, where the size of the "text element" changes based on the characters, but the anchor/origin always stays on the rightmost character).
So now when I replace the image in the loader with an image of a different width, I want the new image to be "right-aligned" and extend to the left. (You can see the desired behaviour in the attached image. The orange dot represents the origin/anchor. So when the an image of a different width (height stays the same) is used, the image should only extent to the left.)
Currently the image is origin/anchor is always in the center, so when I put in a different width image, it scales from the center and is off the screen.

I hope this explains the problem, so here is my proposed solution...
There's gotta be a way to align the anchor to be at the right edge of the image (pivot set to 1 on the x axis seems to somewhat do this, but its not used for scaling). After the anchor is set to the right, I can use another transform node to position the element where I want it to be on the screen. Then when a different input image with different width is used, the image is still right aligned and only scales to the left.

Help is very appreachiated :D
Davinci_Resolve_Fusion_Help.png
Image showing the problem.
Davinci_Resolve_Fusion_Help.png (133.28 KiB) Viewed 809 times

xunile

Re: DaVinci Resolve 18: Fusion - Help with image transform

PostSat Jan 28, 2023 5:20 pm

You should be able to set the Anchor to 1.0. Then uncheck the Use Size And Aspect and just adjust the X Size. You will have to use another Transform to align the right edge with the different width images, but it should work.
Attachments
2023-01-28.png
2023-01-28.png (483.38 KiB) Viewed 757 times
2023-01-28 (1).png
2023-01-28 (1).png (482.63 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Return to DaVinci Resolve