Speed Change Disabled on DaVinci Resolve 18

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MikeJH82

Speed Change Disabled on DaVinci Resolve 18

PostSun Jan 29, 2023 7:31 pm

I'm a beginner to DaVinci Resolve and editing in general, and I have completed the first two training videos, but for some reason the Speed Change option is now grayed out on all clips. One of the training videos (creating the Age of Airplanes trailer) did involve using speed change, and it worked okay then, but it no longer functions for any clip, including the one that the I changed the speed of when completing the training video. I have seen a few other threads concerning issues with speed change, but none seem to refer to this specific problem. I can't really think of anything at this point other than uninstalling/reinstalling the application, although I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Jim Simon

Re: Speed Change Disabled on DaVinci Resolve 18

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 4:27 pm

What page are you on?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

endersaka

PostWed Apr 26, 2023 6:20 am

Hello,

I witness the same issue. I am a very beginner with DaVinci Resolve, though I used to do NLE with other software in the past.

Yesterday I was working on a brand new project. Very simple. No fancy editing, just one clip of me drawing, captured with my smartphone. I just wanted to speed it up to look like a timelapse, 1 minute long, for social network reels.

So, I opened "Change clip speed..." (RMB click on the clip, in the timeline) and found out that the "Duration" field cannot be edited.

Then, after consulting the manual, I found that the same settings are accessible from the Inspector, in the Speed Change panel, and attempted to modify "Duration" field there, unsuccessfully.

(Also, I noticed that the small red switch button at the left of the label "Speed Change" was "grayed out"... Though, right now, I checked in the manual and it is grayed out even there.)

So, essentially the problem is that I am unable to speed up my clip by editing "Duration".

Sam77400

PostThu May 18, 2023 1:36 pm

Bonjour
Tres recent sur Davinci Resolve 18, je tente de réduire la longueur d'une séquence pour un timelapse: aucune action possible; chaque photo se lit en 5 s alors que le concept prévu est de lire 25 images / s.
Suis je le seul? Ai je mal compris un mode de fonctionnement ou de paramétrage?
Merci à vous

Dennis Summers

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm

Same problem here

Uli Plank

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 10:08 pm

Bonjour Samir,
please respect that this is an English speaking forum, you can use DeepL for excellent translations (neither am I native to English).
Your issue is completely different from the one discussed here. You need to have your images numbered sequentially and then switch in the little three-dot menu of the Media input window to have them read as a sequence:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-02 um 05.07.37.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-02 um 05.07.37.png (53.27 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b3 (sandbox)
SE, UltraStudio Monitor G3

Return to DaVinci Resolve