MediaIn-Nodes don't uptade image sequence length

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

maxen13126

MediaIn-Nodes don't uptade image sequence length

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 12:55 pm

I altered an image sequence (and alread to replace it in the media page to take effekt :|). This Sequence is used in a FusionComp. The MediaIn-Nodes keep using the old length of 240 frames, even after dragging in the new sequence (which correctly says 0000-329) into a completely new FusionComp.
Had to use Loaders to get the full length of the sequence.
By the way - is there an easy way to load only one specific image out of an image sequence?

Win 10| Resolve 18.1.2

Sven H

Re: MediaIn-Nodes don't uptade image sequence length

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 5:46 pm

Fusion Comp lengths are a weird thing to begin with. If you edit a fusion comp in a timeline you can easily change the length by trimming in the timeline. But if you edit the "raw" fusion comp in the media page, you cannot change the length.

Importing single frames via media storage is quite easy. In the media browser click the three dots in the top corner and change from sequence or auto to single frames.
Via loader node, I have no idea, but if you import a sequence you can trim it to one frame with the in/out and hold options

maxen13126

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 8:36 am

Yes, did the trimming. Thought there would be a way to chose only a single file when pointing the loader to its target. I've never been really fond of the media nodes, just got into it recently and they're not that bad as you get used to it, I have to admit. But that behavior seemed really strange to me.
So I think I get back to the oldschool loaders. :D
I also like that they show the sequence name and frames immediately in the nodename instead of "MediaIn1", "MediaIn2" and so on.

Sven H

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 9:20 am

yes true. unfortunately the manual states that loader nodes only work for .exr
so with other footage you have to get used to mediaIn nodes anyway

maxen13126

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 10:07 am

Well, the manual then is wrong. Luckily you can load any image sequence you like, as well as any image type supported be Resolve/Fusion.

Return to DaVinci Resolve