Does the eyedropper button in OpenFX LightRays do something?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

c010r15t

Does the eyedropper button in OpenFX LightRays do something?

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 10:33 pm

In the OpenFX LightRays effect under Appearance, there is a Color field where you can either select a basic color or expand it and pick a color from a field, and when you expand it there is also the option of selecting a color from the screen.

Next to the Color field there is also a clickable eyedropper symbol, but as far as I can tell this does not do anything, at least not allow selecting the color from the screen like when you expand the menu.

Is that a bug or is this button just there to indicate the function in the expanded menu?
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / 3.60 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Resolve 18.6.4

panos_mts

Re: Does the eyedropper button in OpenFX LightRays do someth

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 10:43 pm

c010r15t wrote:Next to the Color field there is also a clickable eyedropper symbol, but as far as I can tell this does not do anything, at least not allow selecting the color from the screen like when you expand the menu.
It works for me. On the color page I click the eyedropper, then move the mouse and click anywhere in the viewer to pick a color.

On the fusion page it works a bit differently. You click the eyedropper without releasing the mouse button, then you move the cursor to the viewer.

c010r15t

Re: Does the eyedropper button in OpenFX LightRays do someth

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 pm

panos_mts wrote:
c010r15t wrote:Next to the Color field there is also a clickable eyedropper symbol, but as far as I can tell this does not do anything, at least not allow selecting the color from the screen like when you expand the menu.
It works for me. On the color page I click the eyedropper, then move the mouse and click anywhere in the viewer to pick a color.

On the fusion page it works a bit differently. You click the eyedropper without releasing the mouse button, then you move the cursor to the viewer.

I didn't think of moving the cursor without releasing the button, thank you! :)
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / 3.60 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Resolve 18.6.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve