Multi-application of Voice Isolation, what happens?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Håkan Mitts

Multi-application of Voice Isolation, what happens?

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 9:57 am

Really loving the Voice isolation tool, even though it has given me a lot of extra work as it motivates me to re-master some old videos.

Just wondering about one thing: If I enable the Voice isolation (and I assume the same applies to Dialogue leveler as well?), in multiple places, does it get applied more than once?

The use case is this: I mainly apply the Voice isolation per track (all clips having been recorded with the same mike), but then some clips might have much more difficult background noise or similar so would like to perhaps use the Voice isolation tool with a more aggressive setting for just that clip.

If I do that, what happens:
1) Voice isolation is applied twice
2) Voice Isolation is applied once with clip setting
3) Voice Isolation is applied once with track setting

My general preference would be 2), but which one is actually happening?
Resolve Studio 18.6.5/Windows 10/RX 6600

Andy Mees

Re: Multi-application of Voice Isolation, what happens?

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 10:15 am

If you apply it at both clip and track level then it will be processed twice, the clip processing will happen first and the track processing second.

If you preference is for track level processing, move the clips that require different processing settings to different tracks.

Hope it helps
Andy

Håkan Mitts

Re: Multi-application of Voice Isolation, what happens?

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 5:32 pm

Thanks Andy!
Resolve Studio 18.6.5/Windows 10/RX 6600

Return to DaVinci Resolve