Making a title template/macro with multiple logos

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Torbjörn Lindström

Making a title template/macro with multiple logos

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi!
I am trying to make a title template with fusion that holds many logotypes in one composition made with the fusion page and the via macro to a template.
I would like to get it working in a way that after dragging the template from titles into the timeline I can choose to activate one of the logos within the inspector.

I would rather have it this way instead of creating many single logotype titles in the toolbox.

I have tried to add the png:s in a fusion comp thinking i could use merge to get them all show and then deactivate display before making a macro to import as template. And then in the template be able to activate the correct logo for the current project.
But I cannot figure out how to connect image files with merges in the right way.

Yes, I am a newbie so I probably cannot explain very well. But to compare with for example layers in photoshop: it is like having one logo per layer in a big group and activate just the layer with the right logo.

Here is what´s not working for me in fusion:

logo1.jpg
logo1.jpg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 539 times

I have tried to search for tutorials solving this but failed to find any.
Is it possible to solve?
Thanks in advance for any help!

xunile

Re: Making a title template/macro with multiple logos

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 4:25 pm

I think this video might help.

Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Torbjörn Lindström

PostThu Feb 09, 2023 8:52 am

That's really interesting! But is there any solution that doesn´t require expressions/programming to solve such a simple task (switching between 40 or so png:s in the same timeline object)?

...or maybe my swedish brain has trouble grasping what fast talking americans goes on about :lol: Will try to descipher better

Torbjörn Lindström

PostThu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 am

Well, I think I´ll go for good enough for now. Created a transparent logo-file of same size as the real files. Put this on a track on the timeline and use replace file option in the media pool to replace the transparent with the real logo from a folder on the computer with all the logos. Seems to work.

Return to DaVinci Resolve