BUG (possible) Going from Resolve iPad to Resolve Desktop?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

leedumond

BUG (possible) Going from Resolve iPad to Resolve Desktop?

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 4:49 pm

I realize I am kind of new at Resolve in general, but I believe I have discovered a possible, albeit rather obscure, bug. This deals with transporting a project from iPad to desktop. Not sure if anyone can repro this.

1. Start a project on Resolve for iPad. Add a timeline. Add some clips to the timeline.
2. Archive the project.
3. Restore the archive on Resolve for desktop (I have a MacBook M2).
4. Confirm everything seems to work okay.
5. From the desktop project, use Media Management > Timeline to export your timeline to some location (doesn't matter where really).
6. Resolve crashes. The media files are all exported but it crashes before it can write the .drt file.

It's almost like there's some incompatibility between timelines created on iPad and timelines in the desktop? (Although the timeline seems be work fine until you attempt to export it.)

I should not that if you archive the project from desktop (instead of just exporting the timeline), that seems fine.

Thoughts anyone?
Macbook 16" M2 Max, 96 GB RAM, 12 CPU cores, 38 GPU Cores, 2 TB SSD, Samsung T7 2 TB external SSD, Liquid Retina XDR display

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: BUG (possible) Going from Resolve iPad to Resolve Deskto

PostThu Feb 09, 2023 10:38 am

Hi Lee

Can you share a Resolve project export (a DRP file) and a copy of the logs with us? Please do the following:

• start Resolve, right click the project from the project manager, select export, navigate to the desktop and save. You can see a new file "Name of the project.drp" on your desktop.
• after you can confirm the crash, restart Resolve, open a project (any project), select the Help menu > Create diagnostic logs on Desktop. This creates a new file "DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20230209-173932.zip" on your desktop.
• Add the two files to dropbox, google drive, OneDrive or a file sharing service of your choice, and add the link / links here.

Note:
a. You may have to explicitly right click the files (together or individually) from the file share service and select an option to share with people that have the link.
b. if you're new to the forum, URLs are disabled for your first few posts as a security measure. Add spaces to the URL e.g - www dropbox com/s/12345abcdef - so you're allowed to post and the URL remains clear.

Thanks
Shrinivas

Return to DaVinci Resolve