How to invert modifier that comes from another node?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

okiewardoyo

How to invert modifier that comes from another node?

PostSat Feb 18, 2023 5:36 pm

Dear all.
My node is like below. I have select/mask a skin tone from node 2, then i inverted it.
I don't want to select skin tone again in node 3, so i bring modifier from node 2 to node 3, but unfortunately i don't know how to do to invert it in node 3.
Thanks.
How to invert modifier.jpg
How to invert modifier.jpg (303.33 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

Andy Mees

Re: How to invert modifier that comes from another node?

PostSat Feb 18, 2023 7:49 pm

Direct option to create a following node with an inverted key is to choose Color menu > Nodes > Add Outside Node... that will automatically add a serial node, connect the mask and invert that mask for you. You can change an mask manually tho... just select the node and in the Key panel toggle the Key Input Matte/Mask button.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 19.45.07.png
Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 19.45.07.png (21.95 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

okiewardoyo

Re: How to invert modifier that comes from another node?

PostSun Feb 19, 2023 9:30 am

Andy Mees wrote:Direct option to create a following node with an inverted key is to choose Color menu > Nodes > Add Outside Node... that will automatically add a serial node, connect the mask and invert that mask for you. You can change an mask manually tho... just select the node and in the Key panel toggle the Key Input Matte/Mask button.

Thanks so much Andy, amazing..
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve