Color Management Can't Export LOG Files

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

barracuda

Color Management Can't Export LOG Files

PostSun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 pm

hello, is there any way to export log footage when working with Color Management?

I have a done an edit. Now I would like to export the whole project as a single clips for archive. I use Color Management. When enabling FLATPASS there is still on it a rec709 transformation.
Im working with RED Log3g10 files RAW.

So when adding into rendering queue finished timeline, and the one I would like to add as a flatness I still have a transformation on it!? but WHY? is there any possibility to disable it?

I found that selecting all clips and clicking DISABLE Color Management, it works but the other timeline also loose color! I work with big projects and renders takes ages, so best solution for me is to export at night with a render queue.

Could you please help me somehow?

iestynx

Re: Color Management Can't Export LOG Files

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 pm

Did you find an answer to this? I'm working in Davinci Color managed and need this as well. In the export I see no reason for being able to select Arri LogCas a color space and Gamma tag as it seems to do nothing.
Senior Designer / Small Time VFX Artist

Jim Simon

Re: Color Management Can't Export LOG Files

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 4:16 pm

I'm not sure you can add both Color Managed and non-Managed options of the same media to the queue at the same time. I can only thing you'll have to render twice, changing things in-between.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve