AAF reconform to Master Clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Krejue

AAF reconform to Master Clip

PostWed Mar 01, 2023 9:18 am

I would like to reconform my finished Program with original AAF from Editing- so that all the edits are re-applied. Of course with no real handles. So that i can be shure all edits and transitions are at the right place. If the camera source name would be applied too- that would be perfect.

Because we have a lot of sources for the programs, some from other companies with strange codecs- we always ask for a consolidated master clip. This speeds up the conform process a lot.

Is there a way to do that?

Krejue

Re: AAF reconform to Master Clip

PostWed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 pm

We found out, that in scene detection window- in the right top corner on the 3 dots is it possible to load a edl to transfer the edits onto the clip- It is possible to load multiple edls- for each video layer.

So almost the solution. Sadly it is not working with aaf.

There is the workaround: importing the aaf as a offline sequence and export the layers in separeted edl‘s or reduce the sequence down to one layer and export it like that. Then the step with clip/scene detection/3 dot menu/ edl.

Is there any other way?

I would very much keep the tape source information from aaf and add those to the clips to add the same grade. This would speed up the Grading Process a lot. Is that possible?

I know- if we would use the original footage, all information would be still there. But working for TV, time is very limited, and a master clip with all speed ramps and fancy effects burned in- help with the conform process.

Krejue

Re: AAF reconform to Master Clip

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

We now do this trickery. We import AAF, export EDL.
Import pre-edited Clip and conform it with the EDL. import: PreConformed EDL

that works perfecty. Black is offline, but can be replaced by some black media.

Return to DaVinci Resolve