Resolve won't open

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Night Scorpion

Resolve won't open

PostSat Mar 18, 2023 8:11 am

I recently switched from a gtx 1060 to an amd and now the app won't open. I tried reinstaling it.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve won't open

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 11:17 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here. Make sure the links don't require access credentials.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Rezain

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 2:41 am

my app just stuck in loading video plugin,

my davinci stuck in loading video plugins

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 4:23 pm

You currently have set the GPU processing mode to OpenCL. That's not going to work with your GTX 1650 GPU, so set that back to Auto or CUDA.

There is some issue with your Red Giant Universe plugins that is hanging Resolve.

On the one log where you had CUDA GPU processing enabled, it shows an issue with the Triangle_Wave_OFX plugin:

couldn't open library C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\Red Giant Universe\Universe_Transitions_Triangle_Wave_OFX.ofx.bundle\Contents\win64\Universe_Transitions_Triangle_Wave_OFX.ofx because A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I can't help you with that issue. Are you using the current version of the Universe plugins?

To allow Resolve to launch, in a File Explorer window, rename the C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins folder to C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins.tmp

That will prevent the plugins from loading, and allow Resolve to run.
Dwaine Maggart

b4ndafter

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 12:38 am

Hi,

I get the same error message GPU Failed to initialize. I have:

Dell Precision 5770
Processor
12ᵗʰ Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12800H
Graphics
NVIDIA® RTX™ A3000 12GB
Storage 1TB SSD

I just downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers. Adobe Premier Pro had the same issue before I ungraded the drivers, it works now. Resolve does not work it is looking for the OpenGL library.

Any suggestions would be great. TIA

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 8:54 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here. Make sure the links don't require access credentials.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

ssmyer

PostTue Sep 12, 2023 4:14 pm

Hi Dwaine,
I have the same problem as above. Here are my log shares. If this doesn't work, let me know. I have never done a share before.

https://www. dropbox.com/scl/fi/0dhyllrxs4vd771dk8al9/DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20230912_114703.zip?rlkey=6y89v0flbn9nvsc87a0zfnlta&dl=0

https://www. dropbox.com/scl/fi/wawlx5pd3pztii90bk74s/System-Info-9-12-23.nfo?rlkey=apozx31c0e43qhdkppodhnn5x&dl=0

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (supports OpenGL 4.3) Intel driver version 20.19.15.2171 (latest and best)

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel says OpenGL 4.3 is running fine.
Other programs requiring OpenGL run fine. I won't name them because I think it is against forum rules, but they are heavy duty video editing and video display programs.

I appreciate any wisdom you can impart! Thanks!!

ssmyer

PostTue Sep 12, 2023 6:20 pm

By the way, when I say "I have the same problem as above" I mean the problem which gives the message "GPU Initialization Failed ... DaVinci Resolve could not initialize OpenGL. Please ensure that the latest graphics drivers are installed."

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 13, 2023 6:51 pm

Resolve 16.2.8 is the latest version that will run on an Intel HD 4600 iGPU.
Dwaine Maggart

ssmyer

PostFri Sep 15, 2023 1:53 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply!!! When a user has a frustrating problem there's nothing better than quick, authoritative help. I think I'll get a new GPU and disable the integrated one. This is the first time I have had a 'dated GPU' problem. So I'm beginning to see the writing on the wall that it's time to upgrade. Thanks again! I know you must be a busy person!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 15, 2023 1:57 am

When you add a GPU card to your system, to make Resolve happy, all displays must be connected to the GPU card, none to the onboard graphics ports.
Dwaine Maggart

Return to DaVinci Resolve