"Export timeline" doesn't save Clips Groups on Color Page.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Cesar Tejada

"Export timeline" doesn't save Clips Groups on Color Page.

PostSun Mar 19, 2023 12:09 am

I'm trying to archive a timeline that has some color grades within it. When I successfully export the timeline and test it I noticed that all my clips lose their Group on the color page so my color grade shows incomplete. I tend to make groups for different cameras with different looks but this particular issue is breaking my work.

How can I retain all my color grades when archiving?

I tend to archive only the timeline I want to save disk space on my system.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-13700K 16 Cores
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
Memory: Corsair DDR5 64GB
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI

Marc Wielage

Re: "Export timeline" doesn't save Clips Groups on Color Pag

PostSun Mar 19, 2023 12:44 am

Cesar Tejada wrote:I'm trying to archive a timeline that has some color grades within it. When I successfully export the timeline and test it I noticed that all my clips lose their Group on the color page so my color grade shows incomplete. I tend to make groups for different cameras with different looks but this particular issue is breaking my work.

I believe that's correct: the Group Grade lives with the PROJECT, not with the timeline.

The only way this could work would be if you highlighted all the shots for a specific group, then right-clicked and chose "Collapse Group Grade." That will take the Pre-Clip Grade and put those nodes at the front of all the shots, and take the Post-Clip Grade and put those nodes at the end of all the shots.

I think just archiving the entire project DRP is a better way to go.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Cesar Tejada

Re: "Export timeline" doesn't save Clips Groups on Color Pag

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 7:08 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:
The only way this could work would be if you highlighted all the shots for a specific group, then right-clicked and chose "Collapse Group Grade." That will take the Pre-Clip Grade and put those nodes at the front of all the shots, and take the Post-Clip Grade and put those nodes at the end of all the shots.

Thank you so much! I wasn't aware of the "Collapse Group Grade" option. I'm going to try it.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-13700K 16 Cores
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
Memory: Corsair DDR5 64GB
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI

Return to DaVinci Resolve