Bug with Crossfades in the Fairlight Page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mbloh1311

Bug with Crossfades in the Fairlight Page

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 3:52 pm

Hi.
In addition to the three existing standard crossfades, I would like to create a customer crossfade that has an S-curve gradient.
First of all: yes, the clips have enough material on their edges, so that there is something to blend.

In the batch fade settings I can select such a course and insert it over the interface between two clips with the help of a shortcut I created myself.
But if I then click once on the right or left in one of the two adjacent clips in the Fairlight Page, the transition suddenly disappears, as if I hadn't set it at all.
If I do this in the edit page, however, the transition remains. This also applies to all blend shapes created.

In addition, it is also not possible to create a customer fade that has this S gradient.
Using the "Batch-Fade Settings" and "Apply Batch Fades" mentioned above, I create a crossfade with an S gradient.
If I use the right mouse button to select "Create Transition Preset" in the blend area of the two clips in the Fairlight Page, I can generate a new audio blend of my own name and find it under User with the name I specified ("S-Curve") . However, if I drag this onto two adjacent clips, a boring linear transition is always created.

Is that the case with you too? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a solution to this annoying phenomenon?
Greetings Martin

NLE: Davinci Resolve Studio 18.5.1 | Final Cut Pro X 10.6.5
Display: Apple Studio Display 27 Zoll
Apple Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 128 GB RAM
Presonus StudioLive 32 SX Mixer
macOS Ventura 13.5.1
Windows 11 unter Parallels 18
Stand: Aug.2023

bryantocara

Re: Bug with Crossfades in the Fairlight Page

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 pm

Not quite a template solution, but a step in the right direction if you're open to a different way to make an S-curve:

Turn on layered audio editing in Fairlight to enable automatic crossfade creation (look up "layered audio editing" in manual). It will give you more control over the style of crossfade without having to use a transition preset. You won't be able to batch fade these settings, but it will provide you with full control. More control than this would have to be with automation and the pencil tool.

It was this feature that tipped me over the edge into fully switching to Resolve/Fairlight from Vegas/Sound Forge

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

Reynaud Venter

Re: Bug with Crossfades in the Fairlight Page

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 5:38 pm

Resolve Preferences > User > Editing > Default Fades

Define a Range across the edit > Trim menu > Crossfade Selection
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve