Magic Mask Doesn't Save Quality Setting

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Tekkerue

Magic Mask Doesn't Save Quality Setting

PostThu Mar 23, 2023 6:23 am

The Magic Mask always reverts back to "Faster" when launching Resolve. All of the markings and other settings are saved, but the quality setting always toggles back to Faster. Once I set up the mask the way I want it, Resole should save all of the settings and not ignore certain settings. Please fix this.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU 3.20GHz
MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z370-A
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Yeah, I know!)
Audio: Audient iD14 USB Interface
Storage: Seagate SATA HDD

Jim Simon

Re: Magic Mask Doesn't Save Quality Setting

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 12:04 am

My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Marc Wielage

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 12:27 am

Tekkerue wrote:The Magic Mask always reverts back to "Faster" when launching Resolve. All of the markings and other settings are saved, but the quality setting always toggles back to Faster. Once I set up the mask the way I want it, Resole should save all of the settings and not ignore certain settings..

I agree 100% with this, but I'd say this falls under Resolve Feature Requests.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Tekkerue

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 2:28 am

Marc Wielage wrote:I agree 100% with this, but I'd say this falls under Resolve Feature Requests.
I'd say this is more of a bug than a feature request. The expectation is that once settings have been applied to a video clip then all of the settings will be retained, when they aren't, that's a bug IMO.

Marc Wielage

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 am

Tekkerue wrote:
Marc Wielage wrote:I agree 100% with this, but I'd say this falls under Resolve Feature Requests.
I'd say this is more of a bug than a feature request. The expectation is that once settings have been applied to a video clip then all of the settings will be retained, when they aren't, that's a bug IMO.

It's that way for dozens (maybe 100) different operations, many of which I would prefer to "stick" throughout the entire session but does not.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Tekkerue

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 9:41 am

Marc Wielage wrote:It's that way for dozens (maybe 100) different operations, many of which I would prefer to "stick" throughout the entire session but does not.
What other effects reset after you've applied them to a clip? I can think of plenty of things in pages/panels that don't remember where I was and reset the view settings, selections, etc. but I'd say it's different (worse) for an effect on a clip to be reset, especially one like the magic mask that frequently breaks and needs to be re-tracked. The magic mask does remember all other settings, just not this one, that seems more like a bug.

Return to DaVinci Resolve