HLG vs Rec2100 ST2084 and back

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mads Johansen

HLG vs Rec2100 ST2084 and back

PostSat Mar 25, 2023 11:48 am

I think this is a bug report.

It is my understanding that Davinci is able to take input video (in color managed mode) convert it to internal representation then convert it to the output color space.

However, when I make a new timeline, add a BT.2111 color bar PQ full (or PQ narrow or HLG narrow), make a compound clip, select output color space, render and then put the resulting file back into a new timeline, go to color page and see the waveform scopes, the ramp is only straight when selecting the same output color space as the file was created with (yes, Davinci correctly identifies the color space of the file). Any other output color and the ramp is curved.

Just to make sure I'm not doing anything silly, I created a file for each output codec (see https://drive.google.com/file/d/13qDD-y ... sp=sharing the file expands to 1.66 GB).

Can anyone else confirm a) my findings and b) my understanding and if so, c) what to do about it?
Davinci Resolve Studio 19B Build 20, Windows 11, Nvidia 3060 TI, 552.22 Studio

Return to DaVinci Resolve