ATEM Mini Extreme multicam in Resolve missing camera angles

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

gyorfitam

ATEM Mini Extreme multicam in Resolve missing camera angles

PostSat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 pm

I got a project today. It was a livestream recorded with an ATEM Mini Extreme that created a DaVinci Resolve project file. You can see the cuts but most of the time there is only black solid instead of the camera angle that was used live - I attached screenshot. You can also see on the screenshot that in the sync bin it supposed to show Camera 4. I really don't understand what's happening here and I have no idea what to do, how to get to that stage where I see the cuts and the actual camera footage is used instead of this black solid. All the source material is in the project so nothing is missing in that regard. Can anyone shed some light how to handle this? I couldn't find any tutorials that demonstrated this issue (and I really tried to find the solution). Is it possible to create a multicam timeline out of this somehow (with the existing cuts)?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 20.16.18.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 20.16.18.jpg (407.92 KiB) Viewed 521 times

gyorfitam

Re: ATEM Mini Extreme multicam in Resolve missing camera ang

PostSat May 20, 2023 7:13 am

If someone is looking for the answer: it's not going to register any cuts within Supersource. Although at least the output of the Supersource could be there instead of a black solid but it's not for some reason. Not sure if this is going to function better with a later update or a newer version of the ATEM.

hansinla

PostSat May 20, 2023 12:50 pm

I have never heard of Supersource. What is this?
    MacBook Pro Apple M3 CPU - 16GB
    Mac OS 14.3
    DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4

gyorfitam

PostSat May 20, 2023 4:43 pm

You can use graphics and create a layout for your livestream rather than just sending the image from the camera(s) on their own (full screen). For example you can stream a full screen gameplay and you can see the player's camera in the corner.

Return to DaVinci Resolve