Davinci Resolve install fails

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JordanQ

Davinci Resolve install fails

PostSun Mar 26, 2023 11:38 pm

Hello,
Despite multiple downloads and installations of Davinci Resolve ver. 18.1.4 from the official website after installing there is no Davinci Resolve in the system, only additional components: RAW Player, RAW Speed ​​Test, Control Panels, Fairlight Studio Utility.
I was looking for information in the forum. I found that some components might result installation failure. So I didn't select additional components, trying to install less and less then even unchecking all of them but still no result.
After information from a friend that version 18 is not working properly, I tried to install the latest 17 version 17.4.6, unfortunately, the above steps also did not work.
I'm surprised because I just was about to buy the studio version and tried to install the free version before buying the D.R. Studio. Now I'm afraid to buy the paid version if the basic version doesn't work. My Desktop: Win 11 Pro, CPU Intel i9-13900F 2.0 GHz, GPU Geforce RTX 4080, 128 GB RAM, This configuration supposed to be efficient enough to handle your program.
I would like to ask you for help and information on how to perform the installation successfully.
Kind regards,
Jordan

Uli Plank

Re: Davinci Resolve install fails

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 2:03 am

Version 18 is working fine for most of us and your machine should be up to it.
Did you get the installer for the free version or the one for Studio?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

JordanQ

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 10:28 am

I tried to install free versions multiple times as I mentioned in my post above: the latest Davinci Resolve 18 and latest 17 to test it out before purchasing the studio version. None of installations work out. Only the components mentioned above appear in the system, but no Davinci Resolve itself. The computer is pretty decent with all updates and I haven't had any problems with all the softwares used so far, even those that require high performance. I don't want to risk buying the software that wouldn't work. Hence I would like to shift my work flow into Davinci. Any solutions to help become the Davinci customer?

Jim Simon

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 2:46 pm

Make sure you're working in an Admin level User Account. Don't use any kind of restricted User Account for this work.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve