18.1.4 Build 9 Speed Warp displays a splash Screen

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sunday_Drives_360

18.1.4 Build 9 Speed Warp displays a splash Screen

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 7:00 am

(I think I just found a BUG and an OMISSION in the latest Studio upgrade)

I have searched this forum for naught.

BTW anyone else notice that Davinci Resolve Studio 18.1.4 Build 9 has a "Splash Screen" that pops up on alternating frames when using Optical Flow w Speed Warp on a clip in the timeline!?

I am not sure how long this version has been out (so maybe a fix is already on the way?) I just upgraded my two Studio systems today [both = Win11; 1=Nvidia 3080 Ti, 2=Nvidia 3070) and quickly stumbled across this BUG/ISSUE on BOTH my workstations, so it cannot be my causation.

I have not tried to render yet, but I assume it will also display in the render. It appears on the 'interpolated' screens and contains (in white) the DR logo, the words 'Davinci Resolve' underlined, then below the line, smaller text = 'Studio' and the whole screen has 9x19 grid of small dots.

Either a big BUG or the Studio version is now being restricted? (this is on 6144x3072 timeline and only when Optical Flow w Speed warp is active).

BTW this version also dropped the option to navigate to the menu “Workspace” > “Video Clean Feed” which I use ALWAYS! Never read about this in the "what's new/upgrade" notes that I always read before upgrading!

Help ... thanks

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: 18.1.4 Build 9 Speed Warp displays a splash Screen

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 9:42 am

Please refrain from shouting.. (all caps)
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Mads Johansen

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 9:54 am

Wut?
Can you share a screenshot of such a frame?
Davinci Resolve Studio 19B Build 20, Windows 11, Nvidia 3060 TI, 551.86 Studio

Uli Plank

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 10:57 am

You may have inadvertently installed the free version. Check the title screen (About…).
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Sunday_Drives_360

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 7:21 pm

Ok, I will double check the version, but it did let me open a project timeline that was beyond 4k (~6k), I thought the free version has a 4k timeline limit.
-----
Just checked, the 'About' screen, it just shows '18'. If I remember correctly it should say '18 Studio'?

Does anyone know if I am going to have any issues switching it back to Studio?

Sunday_Drives_360

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Well, it is much easier to accidentally download the free version than I realized ...

Months ago, when I obtained a new (more powerful) workstation, I forgot that I deactivated DR Studio on the older workstation and set it to the free version. And then yesterday I chose that older workstation to get the update (because it has the faster internet connection and was available) and then I grabbed that zip and used it on my 'activated' Studio workstations. ooops.

During the upgrade on the activated workstations I was not paying attention to the warning that I was about to switch from the Studio version to the free version ... I must have just blindly clicked 'OK'.

I am currently manually downloading the Studio version, and will install it on the two workstations that have the 'activation' in play. Question: will I have a conflict to be careful of when trying to re-install Studio (over the free version) on the same workstations where it is registered as being activated? (i.e. will Black Magic Design activation site be confused and give me a head scratch?).

Thanks

Jim Simon

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 3:21 pm

Sunday_Drives_360 wrote:it is much easier to accidentally download the free version than I realized ...
A lot of people do it. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mads Johansen

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 4:49 pm

Sunday_Drives_360 wrote:Well, it is much easier to accidentally download the free version than I realized ...

Months ago, when I obtained a new (more powerful) workstation, I forgot that I deactivated DR Studio on the older workstation and set it to the free version. And then yesterday I chose that older workstation to get the update (because it has the faster internet connection and was available) and then I grabbed that zip and used it on my 'activated' Studio workstations. ooops.

During the upgrade on the activated workstations I was not paying attention to the warning that I was about to switch from the Studio version to the free version ... I must have just blindly clicked 'OK'.

I am currently manually downloading the Studio version, and will install it on the two workstations that have the 'activation' in play. Question: will I have a conflict to be careful of when trying to re-install Studio (over the free version) on the same workstations where it is registered as being activated? (i.e. will Black Magic Design activation site be confused and give me a head scratch?).

Thanks

No. There will be no problems.
And in the event of "having more than 2 activations at the same time" occurs, then everything is reset and you will need to do an activation on the 2 workstations.
Davinci Resolve Studio 19B Build 20, Windows 11, Nvidia 3060 TI, 551.86 Studio

Return to DaVinci Resolve