glitching then DaVinci just closes.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JeremiahKindred

glitching then DaVinci just closes.

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 6:17 pm

Hey guys,

So is there anyone who knows how to fix the Davinci glitches? I am working on a project where I am using power bins and every time I drag a clip from the timeline to the bin it signs out. Particularly one project. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

nousphere

Re: glitching then DaVinci just closes.

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 6:45 pm

I am having a lot of issues with DaVinci myself and have had to read a lot about various issues.

Two things that come to mind that could help.

1) If this is happening only in one video file, it's possible it's corrupt. You could try making a copy of the file and seeing if that clears the issue. Or you could copy and past everything in your timeline to a new fresh project and see if that fixes it (this has worked for me in the past with a crashing project).

If this is a larger issue you could save backup files of all your projects then delete the app from your computer and all it's databases, and then reinstall. Might help. Just be careful you have back ups, you could lose data deleting your DaVinci database.

Jim Simon

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 8:13 pm

Signs out?

Cloud Library?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

GalinMcMahon

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 10:05 pm

There is no official tech support pipeline with Blackmagic but if you post your logs here, there's a chance they will be looked at. To do this, go to the last menu at the top (Help or About, forget which) and there's an option to export logs. Do that then upload them to Google Drive and post a link to the zipped folder. I think they also like to see the drp so go to File > Export to do that. It creates a small file.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Return to DaVinci Resolve